Colloquium of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences of Polish Naval Academy
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is a relatively new organisational unit of Polish Naval Academy of the Heroes of Westerplatte. It was created in 2009. The first issue of our journal was published in February 2010. From the very beginning, the journal has been a forum, where accounts of the debate about philosophical, historical, cultural, educational, economical, psychological and military aspects of the modern world are combined with the attempt to present their full impact on dynamically changing, contemporary reality. In the opinion of the editorial board, the journal plays the role of a place of congregation for a broad spectrum of writers. We do our best to publish articles written by both distinguished and well-established authors as well as beginners in scientific endeavours.
The profile of the journal is changing slightly. Colloquium was an annual until 2011 and since then has been published as a quarterly. The form and quality of the magazine will be determined by the Scientific Council, consisting of academics, who represent various fields of knowledge.
Colloquium is published on paper as well as on the internet. The original version of the magazine is its on-line one. It is present on the list of scientific magazines of the Ministry of Science and Higher Education.
Colloquium is present on the list of index journals in The Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities. It can be found under this address:
It can also be found:
- in the Central European Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities called CJSH. Website address:
- in the database about the content of Polish, scientific magazines from Humanities and Social Sciences called BazzHum. Website address:
- in Index Copernicus Journal Master List. Website address:
- in the Interdisciplinary Center for Mathematical and Computational Modeling of the Warsaw University. Website address:
- in ERIH PLUS (the European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences). Website address: